Some Comments on Feedback

With the new four year comparitive impact list now complete, it becomes possible to see at a glance that some papers are read intensely all the time. Always prominent among these are the ones marked one to eleven on the list (see next few postings on this www.aias.us diary or blog). The citations on the list are cumulative, so obviously the number of citations increases with the length of time the paper has been available. The talks by Robert Cheshire have been an instant success, his narration style is that of an actor / producer, and this has its literally dramatic effect as we can see already. The entire academic sector studies ECE all the time, but it is only 2% of the total. This is one of the astonishing facts about science these days, one which has been revealed by our unique study of feedback over seven years daily. Tomorrow is the seventh anniversary of this study. The other 98% of scientists and engineers are outside the academic sector. The comparitive impact list also shows the work by other scholars, this is a key phase in the development of a theory. Computer algebra is used regularly to eliminate human error from the calculations. As ever though, new ideas must of necessity be of human origin, because they require imagination, i.e. an insight into something that is not known. The computer by definition is only a machine, and must be programmed by input from something that is known. This is all very obvious, but impressionable individuals may think that a computer has a life of its own. In fact each of the 180 UFT papers is the product of very hard work by humans, and each is intended to say something new. We have also constructed a comparitive impact table of AIAS against other similar departments, institutes, and so on, and AIAS is miles out in front, there is just no competition.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: